The COVID19 pandemic has generally seen children co-operating with following necessary precautions. However, rampant misinformation circulating online has also had its toll on impressionable minds in the form of harmful anti-mask & anti-immunization (without medical reasons) attitudes. Moreover, stringent posturing, a chastising rhetoric and occasional confused messaging by some frustrated authorities w.r.t. COVID19 policies are only proving counter-productive.
Amidst such times, how to keep your children motivated to continue following what’s scientific & logical?
We believe, adopting a relatable age-appropriate approach is a more constructive way to appeal to your child’s psyche than simply enforcing rules without explaining their significance.
So today, we at All Things Kidney – Official attempt to use the secret power of Analogies and Info-graphics in the COVID19 context. We hope these serve as a potential resource for parents to motivate their children to:
- Understand the significance of each of the prevention strategies as below:
- Exposure prevention (staying indoors unless essential for vulnerable cases, avoiding crowds, social distancing)
- Self-protection (masks, hygiene measures, immunization)
- Blocking transmission (masks, quarantining if exposed, isolating if infected)
- Realize the importance of combining multiple approaches to keep themselves safe
- Become responsible, self-reliant COVID19 warriors
With COVID19, we’re “battling” an unseen enemy. So let’s take it form there.
Say our body is a fortress. Our nostrils & mouth would then be its main entry gates. And our immune system is its very own Sentry.
Based on this analogy, we present a series of info-graphs below to explain how the whole COVID19 Warrior Toolkit works. Each step has its own role to play to ensure the strategy works successfully. Combination is the keyword here.
Hope these help parents looking for ways to help young minds around them understand how combining COVID protocols, prevention & treatment measures helps. Stay safe.